Systems Engineer – Vacancy 30/2018 (Re-Advertised)
The vision of the Fiji Revenue and Customs Service (FRCS) is to become a World Class Revenue Service Delivering Excellence in Revenue Collection, Border Protection, Trade and Travel Facilitation. We offer world class exposure with our affiliations with the International Monetary Fund (IMF), World Customs Organisation (WCO), The World Bank, The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Commonwealth Association of Tax Administrators (CATA) to name a few.
As part of our strategy for world class performance, we are looking for suitable candidates for the position of Systems Engineer. This role will work in partnership with business units to support digital transformation initiatives such as the VAT Monitoring System and new tax information system. The role will be based in Suva and is expected to mentor and guide the IT Support Engineers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to diagnose incidents & resolve with a focus on the ‘one-touch’ principle
- Self-motivated individual who is not afraid to work outside his or her comfort zone
- Exceptional stakeholder management experience
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills including project management and knowledge of testing disciplines
- Ability to advise and champion IT best practices, industry trends and innovations
- Proven experience of at least 3 years in Application development or IT infrastructure
- High attention to detail and able to manage competing priorities
- Tertiary qualification at Degree level in Information Technology, Engineering or relevant field
- ITIL, Microsoft, VmWare, Oracle and Prince2 certification desirable
Base Salary: Band 7 $43,411
Interested candidates can send in your current CV, Fiji Revenue & Customs Service Application form with a detailed cover letter indicating how you meet the above position requirements to email@example.com. Position descriptions are available on our website https://www.frcs.org.fj/vacancies
Applications closes 4.30pm on 6th February 2019.
FRCS is an equal opportunity, merit-based employer.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. KINDLY NOTE ONLY EMAIL APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED, NO HAND DELIVERY.