Senior Legal Officer (West)
The vision of the Fiji Revenue and Customs Service (FRCS) is to become a World Class Revenue Service Delivering Excellence in Revenue Collection, Border Protection, Trade and Travel Facilitation and to enable this approach, we have a vacancy for a Senior Legal Officer based in Lautoka.
To be considered for this key position you will need to offer significant operational and technical experience in commercial law in order to provide high quality advice and litigation on behalf of the organization.
Reporting to the Team Leader Legal, this role is accountable for managing litigation and compliance for the Western Division in a timely and effective manner. This also includes the provision of high quality legal advice to the Revenue, Intelligence and Border management as and when required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience preferably in Commercial Law
- Highly advanced analytical abilities able to provide high quality legal opinions
- Strong litigation, conveyancing and drafting skills preferably with the financial sector
- Working knowledge of the Companies Act 2015
- Experience in legislative reviews and amendments
- Demonstrated success working with internal stakeholders as well as external customers Knowledge and experience of FRCS business and customer base
Salary – Band 7 $43,411 starting salary
If you have the proven expertise, together with the tenacity, agility, and courage, to lead and influence operational excellence in our legal team, you are invited to submit an immediate email application – noting relevant vacancy number – to firstname.lastname@example.org Please enclose your CV together with a completed FRCS Employment Application Form, available on our website (www.frcs.org.fj). Applications close on 26th January, 2018.
FRCS is an equal opportunity, merit-based employer
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. KINDLY NOTE ONLY EMAIL APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED, NO HAND DELIVERY.