Vacancy 08/2020: Senior Customs Officer- ASYCUDA World
The vision of the Fiji Revenue and Customs Service is to become a World Class Revenue Service delivering Excellence in Revenue Collection, Border Protection, Trade and Travel Facilitation. We offer world class exposure with our affiliations with the International Monetary Fund (IMF), World Customs Organization (WCO), The World Bank, The Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and Commonwealth Association of Tax Administrators (CATA) to name a few.
We are looking for a suitable candidate for Senior Customs Officer – ASYCUDA World Position to be based at our Lautoka office which is subject to rotation. To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Provide system support to users of Customs system which are both internal and external
- Investigate and contribute to enquiries in relation to systems and processes, ASYCUDA World in particular.
- Ensuring correct assessment of duties and collect revenue due to the state/government
- Effectively applies knowledge of prohibited goods Legislations and practices, CITIES and other international requirements.
- Ensuring timely processing with the clearance of documentation for the arrival and departure of craft, import/export, excise transactions, rummaging of vessels, etc. in relation to ASYCUDA World
- Updating profiles of cargo and import activities in ASYCUDA World as per the standard operating procedure
- Ensuring profiles are updated in ASYCUDA World
- Assessing and validating authenticity of source documents during inspections and processing in ASYCUDA World
- Preparing relevant materials/documentation for implementation of new modules or update of existing modules in ASYCUDA World
The successful candidate should have the following requirements:
- Diploma in either Customs, Business Studies, or Management from a recognized Institute.
- Work experience in similar role would be an advantage.
- Required fitness level to withstand the physical and intellectual nature of the work.
- Fully competent with ASYCUDA World program.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and customer satisfaction
Salary Band 5: $30,230 Base Salary (Position Description)
Your application must be complimented by details of proven skills and expertise with the tenacity, agility and courage supported by high record of performance and integrity. In addition to the base salary, FRCS also provides medical insurance cover.
Please submit an email application, indicating the position and vacancy number 08/2020, CV, detailed cover letter and copies of academic transcripts to email@example.com and also complete and submit the Employment Application Form available on our website www.frcs.org.fj . All applications will be treated in confidence. For position description, please click on the link https://www.frcs.org.fj/work-with-us/. Application close on 28 February 2020 at 4pm. Late applications will not be accepted.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. KINDLY NOTE ONLY EMAIL APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED, NO HAND DELIVERY.