Network Engineer – Vacancy # 1/2021
The vision of the Fiji Revenue and Customs Service is to become a World Class Revenue Service delivering Excellence in Revenue Collection, Border Protection, Trade and Travel Facilitation. We offer world class exposure with our affiliations with the International Monetary Fund (IMF), World Customs Organization (WCO), The World Bank, The Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and Commonwealth Association of Tax Administrators (CATA) to name a few.
We are looking for a suitable candidate for Network Engineer Position to be based at our IT Department in Suva Office. To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Perform network monitoring and analysis, perform tuning, troubleshooting to maintain network performance according to best practices and ITIL standards
- Reduce operational risk and improve availability of the network by ensuring network access, monitoring, control, evaluation and documentation practices are maintained and adhered to.
- Develop, maintain and perform operational procedures and ensure operational tasks are performed reliably and consistently to reduce the risk of unplanned outages.
- Ensure Disaster Recovery and security requirements are considered during daily project activities
- Provide stand-in support for the Systems Engineer on hyper-converged infrastructure, virtual and cloud platforms.
The successful candidate should have the following requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering with proven experience in managing enterprise, datacenter infrastructure, knowledge of industry standards and emerging technologies in the data communications sphere.
- Certification in one or more of the following technologies preferred: Azure, Linux and Cisco.
Salary Band 7: $43,411 Base Salary
Your application must be complimented by details of proven skills and expertise with the tenacity, agility and courage supported by high record of performance and integrity.
An attractive salary package will be offered to the successful candidate to commensurate with qualification and experience.
Please submit an email application, indicating the position and vacancy number, CV, detailed cover letter and copies of academic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org and also complete and submit the Employment Application Form available on our website www.frcs.org.fj . All applications will be treated in confidence. For Position Description, please click on the link https://www.frcs.org.fj/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Position-Description-NetworkEngineer.pdf
Applications close on 26 March 2021. Incomplete and Late Applications will not be accepted.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONTACTED. KINDLY NOTE ONLY EMAIL APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED, NO HAND DELIVERY