Financial Data Analyst
FINANCIAL DATA ANALYST
The vision of the Fiji Revenue and Customs Service is to become a World Class Revenue Service Delivering Excellence in Revenue Collection, Border Protection, Trade and Travel Facilitation. We offer world class exposure with our affiliations with the International Monetary Fund (IMF), World Customs Organisation (WCO), The World Bank, The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and Commonwealth Association of Tax Administrators (CATA) to name a few. We are currently in the midst of an exciting journey which will make tax simpler, more certain and easier to manage for most Fijians.
We are looking for suitable candidates for the position of Data Analyst within our Risk Assessment and Financial Intelligence Team in Suva and to be considered you will need to demonstrate:
- Ability to operate within a service excellence culture including a team environment
- Proficient with IT systems with advanced skills in Excel and other Data Mining applications with proven experience
- Sound understanding of accounting standards, and FRCS policies and procedures that would facilitate the provision of solid and sound advice, and the accurate interpretation and applications of Taxation and Customs legislation
- Ability to be analytical in identifying core accounting and customs issues, and preparing accurate and timely audit reports including research and investigative skills
- Demonstrate the ability to collate and analyze financial data and trends with some industry knowledge to be able to do comprehensive analysis and reports.
- A tactful but firm character with an enhanced listening and questioning skills when dealing with stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes and results.
- Demonstrate professional/ethical behavior to be able to handle taxation/customs complex issues.
Applicants must have a degree in Accounting/Economics/Statistics/ Information Technology or in any Finance related field. Higher level education will be an added advantage. Your application must be complimented by details of proven skills and expertise with the tenacity, agility and courage to lead, influence operational change supported by a proven high record of performance and integrity.
If you have what it takes to be part of a dynamic Team, this could be the career enhancing opportunity you have been looking for. If so, and you have a positive can-do attitude, with a proven track record of high quality performance, you are invited to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to send in your current CV together with the Fiji Revenue & Customs Service Application form and a detailed cover letter indicating how you have meet the above position requirements to email@example.com .Applications close on 23rd May 2018. FRCS is an equal opportunity, merit-based employer
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. KINDLY NOTE ONLY EMAIL APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED, NO HAND DELIVERY.