Director Corporate Services – Vacancy 03/2019
The vision of the Revenue and Customs is to become a World Class Revenue Service Delivering Excellence in Revenue Collection, Border Protection, Trade and Travel Facilitation. We offer world class exposure with our affiliations with the International Monetary Fund (IMF), World Customs Organization (WCO), The World Bank, The Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Commonwealth Association of Tax Administrators (CATA) to name a few. We are currently in the midst of an exciting journey which will make tax simpler, more certain and easier to manage for most Fijians.
Key Strategic Leadership Role
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer this exciting role provides key strategic support to FRCS operational groups in the areas of financial and asset management, leadership of strategic planning, finance, public relations and marketing, local, regional and international stakeholder relations and legal services. The Director is responsible for leading the Corporate Services Division ensuring continuous business process improvements, adapting quickly to changing business environments, leveraging digital transformation, and ensuring good governance and customer centric services in the area of legal advice, litigation, internal assurance (including Ethical Standards), international relations, marketing and prudent financial management of the Service’s operational and capital funds.
To be successful in this key role, it is essential that you have the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in the relevant field with a strong focus on relevant technical and business
qualification for the role.
- Post-Graduate qualifications and professional memberships are preferable.
- Applicants must demonstrate the ability to influence strategy whilst working in a complex environment.
- At least 10 years’ experience in management with at least 4 years at senior management level in corporate
services or international relations areas. Absolute integrity and hold or able to achieve level security
- Demonstrated successful experience in working with other local, regional and international agencies towards international best practice frameworks.
- Experience in implementing successful public relations campaigns that add value to the strategic objectives of the organization as well as leading legal and internal assurance or audit compliance areas of the business using best practices in good governance.
Salary Band 11: $135,080
If you have the leadership and proven expertise, together with the tenacity, agility, and courage, to lead and influence operational excellence, you are invited to submit an immediate email application – noting relevant vacancy number – to firstname.lastname@example.org Please enclose your CV (with 3 professional referees) together with a completed Employment Application Form, available on our website (www.frcs.org.fj). Applications close on Friday 25th January, 2019.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. KINDLY NOTE ONLY EMAIL APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED, NO HAND DELIVERY.