Deputy Director VAT – Vacancy # 50/19
The vision of the Fiji Revenue and Customs Service (FRCS) is to become a World Class Revenue Service Delivering Excellence in Revenue Collection, Border Protection, Trade and Travel Facilitation. We offer world class exposure with our affiliations with the International Monetary Fund (IMF), World Customs Organisation (WCO), The World Bank, The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Commonwealth Association of Tax Administrators (CATA) to name a few. We are currently in the midst of an exciting journey which will make tax simpler, more certain and easier to manage for most if not all Fijians. We are looking for a suitable candidate for the position of Deputy Director VAT in FRCS based at our Head Office in Suva.
Reporting to the Director Intelligence, Compliance and Investigations, the Deputy Director VAT will be accountable for the effective management of the VAT section. The incumbent will be responsible for continuing the establishment of new systems, procedures and ways of work across the full range of all VAT related tasks/activities to strengthen and to ensure effective management of Fiji Tax and Customs legislative requirements. The incumbent will also be responsible and accountable for the implementation of Electronic Fiscal Device Regulation, which will entail planning and executing various strategies and action plans. Effective and sound communication to the stakeholders and managing timelines as well as stakeholder perceptions are strong pillars for this role. Further role and responsibilities include:
- Lead and develop framework to establish goals and objectives that support overall strategies, plans, approves schedules, priorities and standards for achieving goals
- Develop and implement the annual audit plan and coordinates the assignment of all VAT related tasks/requests, and ensure compliance with guidelines.
- Proactively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to implement appropriate analytical techniques, assessment tools and procedures for identifying, preventing and assessing risks of VAT revenue.
- Work in partnership with operational leaders to ensure revenue is collected through voluntary compliance and audit processes and procedures.
- Develop and implement techniques to evaluate operations and activities and review results of investigations, internal audits, research studies and make recommendations for improvement where needed.
- Oversee the process of compiling the audit reports, prepare and deliver reports to the line Director.
- Work closely with the Executive Leadership Team to establish and review strategic priorities for key partnerships within the international tax and revenue community.
- Support and participate in information and education initiatives to increase business and community awareness and understanding of their customs and tax obligations.
- Actively participate in the Team, contributing to the strategic planning and development of FRCS, and modelling positive leadership, integrity and respect in all activities and interactions with both internally and externally stakeholders.
- Identify people and organizational risks, in your area of responsibilities, ensure mitigation strategies are in place and as appropriate action taken to minimize any actual or potential impact.
To be successful in this highly rewarding and challenging role, you will be an outstanding leader with agility and experience to lead cross-functional integration. In providing high quality and timely advice in a meaningful way to inform key decisions, you will engender trust and respect. Your people focus and stakeholder management skills will be complemented by sound judgement, intellectual rigor, well-developed communications skills and a high level of resilience and integrity. It is essential that you have the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree qualification in Accounting and Information System or relevant field.
- Significant experience in a similar senior management role in taxation filed
- Significant experience in leading and supporting fast paced organization wide strategic and operational development
- Ability to lead and influence game changing people and organizational capability and capacity initiatives
- Sound judgment, ability to analyze and assess situations, and provide succinct and innovative options for response
- Full Membership to professional bodies such as CPA and FIA
Your application must be complimented by details of proven leadership skills and expertise with the tenacity, agility and courage supported by high record of performance and integrity.
Band 10: $94,829 base salary
In addition to the base salary, FRCS also provides medical insurance cover.
Please submit an email application, indicating the position and vacancy number, CV and detailed cover letter to email@example.com and also complete and submit the Employment Application Form available on our website www.frcs.org.fj . All applications will be treated in confidence. Application closes on 13 December 2019
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. KINDLY NOTE ONLY EMAIL APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED, NO HAND DELIVERY.