Deputy Director Audit Compliance
The vision of the Revenue and Customs is to become a World Class Revenue Service Delivering Excellence in Revenue Collection, Border Protection, Trade and Travel Facilitation. We offer world class exposure with our affiliations with the International Monetary Fund (IMF), World Customs Organization (WCO), The World Bank, The Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Commonwealth Association of Tax Administrators (CATA) to name a few. We are currently in the midst of an exciting journey which will make tax simpler, more certain and easier to manage for most Fijians.
Key Operational Leadership Role
Reporting to the Director Intelligence, Compliance & Investigations this role is accountable for the management of the Customs & Taxation audit compliance operations. Responsibilities include continuing the establishment of new systems, procedures and ways of working across the full range of audit compliance activities to strengthen effective management of Fiji Tax and Customs legislative requirements.
The Deputy Director, Audit Compliance works proactively in collaboration with others both internally and externally to provide and utilize intelligence and audit research and analytics to identify situations, patterns, typologies and trends of concern. The Deputy Director is responsible for the leadership and capability development of their staff group to address the areas and clients of concern for the effective operational and reporting activities of Audit Compliance.
To be successful in this key role, it is essential that you have the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in the relevant field with a strong focus on relevant technical and business qualification for the role.
- Post-Graduate qualifications and professional memberships are preferable.
- Applicants must demonstrate the ability to influence strategy whilst working in a complex environment.
- Significant experience in a similar senior management role.
- Absolute Integrity and hold or able to achieve level security clearance.
- Successful experience in working with other national and international agencies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Tax and/or Customs legislation.
- Proven sound judgment, ability to analyze and assess situations, and provide succinct and innovation for response.
Salary Band 10: $94,829.00
If you have the leadership and proven expertise, together with the tenacity, agility, and courage, to lead and influence operational excellence, you are invited to submit an immediate email application – noting relevant vacancy number to email@example.com. Please enclose your CV together with a completed Employment Application Form, available on our website www.frcs.org.fj. Applications close on 7th September, 2018.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. KINDLY NOTE ONLY EMAIL APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED, NO HAND DELIVERY.