Database Administrator- Vacancy 37/2018
The vision of the Fiji Revenue and Customs Service (FRCS) is to become a World Class Revenue Service Delivering Excellence in Revenue Collection, Border Protection, Trade and Travel Facilitation. We offer world class exposure with our affiliations with the International Monetary Fund (IMF), World Customs Organisation (WCO), The World Bank, The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Commonwealth Association of Tax Administrators (CATA) to name a few. As part of our strategy for world class performance, we are looking for suitable candidates for the position of Database Administrator.
This role will work in partnership with business units to support digital transformation initiatives such as the VAT Monitoring System and new tax information system. The role will also mentor and guide the IT Support Engineers. We invite expressions of interest for Database Administrator positions for the Information Technology Section based in Suva.
- High integrity and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and strong sense of ownership
- Automate-first mindset with a focus on the ‘one-touch’ principle
- Customer-focused with good verbal and written communication skills
- Proven technical experience of at least 3 years on Oracle or MS SQL database and data security
- Demonstrated excellence in a variety of competencies including teamwork/collaboration, analytical thinking,
- and influencing skills, and technical expertise.
- High attention to detail and able to manage competing priorities in constantly changing work environment
- Experience in written and maintaining high quality documentation
- Knowledge of ITIL practice and demonstrable experience with change management processes and procedures
- Tertiary qualification at Degree level in Information Technology, Engineering or relevant field
- ITIL, Prince2, MS SQL and Oracle DBA certifications desirable
Base Salary: Band 7 $43,411 Position description
Interested candidates can send in your current CV, together with the Fiji Revenue & Customs Service Application form and a detailed cover letter indicating how you have met the above position requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FRCS is an equal opportunity, merit-based employer.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. KINDLY NOTE ONLY EMAIL APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED, NO HAND DELIVERY.