Border Control Officer Vacancy # 82/2021
The vision of the Fiji Revenue and Customs Service is to become a World Class Revenue Service delivering Excellence in Revenue Collection, Border Protection, Trade and Travel Facilitation. We offer world class exposure with our affiliations with the International Monetary Fund (IMF), World Customs Organization (WCO), The World Bank, The Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and Commonwealth Association of Tax Administrators (CATA) to name a few.
We are looking for suitable candidates for Border Control Officer position to be based at our Border Division, Nadi Airport. To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Effectively copes with change and adapts comfortably.
- Tenacious and strives for efficiency, pushing deadlines ahead of obstacles and interruptions.
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Sound judgment and confident decision-making ability.
- Customer service-oriented person.
- High level of integrity.
- Ability to work in team.
- Ability to do shift work and report to duties on odd hours.
The successful candidate should have the following requirements:
- A Fiji citizen or permanent resident.
- Diploma in Customs or related field.
- A good customer service-oriented person.
- Ability to operate within a service excellence culture.
- Computer literacy with accuracy and attention to detail.
- A tactful but firm manner with listening and questioning skills.
- Required fitness level to withstand the rigorous physical and intellectual nature of the work and 24/7 rostered shifts.
- COVID 19- Fully Vaccinated.
Salary Band 2: $14,721.00 Base Salary
Your application must be complemented by details of proven skills and expertise with the tenacity, agility and courage supported by high record of performance and integrity. FRCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all eligible, qualified applicants.
In addition to the base salary, FRCS also provides medical insurance cover.
Please submit an email application, indicating the position and vacancy number, your CV, detailed cover letter and copies of academic transcripts to email@example.com and complete and submit the Employment Application Form available on our website https://www.frcs.org.fj. All applications will be treated in confidence.
For Position Descriptions, please click on the link here
Application closes on Friday, 28 October 2022. Incomplete and Late Applications will not be accepted.
All applications received for the above position only by the deadline will be in a pool recruitment valid for 1 year.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. KINDLY NOTE ONLY EMAIL APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED, NO HAND DELIVERY.