Advertisement: Director People Capability and Culture – Vacancy # 3/2022
The vision of the Fiji Revenue and Customs Service (FRCS) is to become a World Class Revenue Service delivering Excellence in Revenue Collection, Border Protection, Trade and Travel Facilitation. The FRCS is a statutory organization established under the FRCS Act. Guided by the FRCS Act, the Service performs the following: acts as an agent of the State to provide services to administer and enforce the laws specified in the Act; advises the State on matters relating to taxation and customs; facilitates trade, travel and border protection; and represents the State internationally in respect of matters relating to taxation or customs. We are looking for a suitable candidate for the Director People Capability and Culture position in FRCS based at our Head Office in Suva.
Reporting to the Office of the Chief Executive Officer, this is a key strategic transformational role in providing strategic and operational leadership and guidance for the development and implementation of leadership, people, and technical capability frameworks, as well as for the delivery of exemplary human resource services across FRCS. Working in partnership with other operational leaders, the Director facilitates and supports organizational capability and productivity enhancements, talent and career development, and has a pivotal role in translating organizational strategies into people and capability initiatives that foster a positive organisational culture. Establishment of best practice accounting policies and procedures, drive and implement a robust organisational planning framework.
To be successful in this highly rewarding and challenging role, you will be an outstanding leader with agility and experience to lead cross-functional integration. In providing high quality and timely advice in a meaningful way to inform key decisions, you will engender trust and respect. Your people focus and stakeholder management skills will be complemented by sound judgement, intellectual rigor, well-developed communications skills and a high level of resilience and integrity. It is desirable that you have the following:
- A Masters Degree in Human Resource Management or relevant discipline with 10 to 15 years of significant experience in similar senior management role in leading organization wide strategic and operational transformation.
- Good knowledge with FNU grants and levy act, holds Training of Trainers [TOTs] and is an active registered trainer. The candidate must also demonstrate experience in content creation, maintenance of training processes, and the successful development of ongoing training and development programs.
- Well versed with the applicable laws and the implementation of applicable laws pertaining to employment such as the Employment Relations Act 2007, Health and Safety at Work Act 1996 and other relevant labor laws and regulations in Fiji. The incumbent also needs to have:
- Experience liaising with unions regarding employment relation matters.
- Strong business acumen and competence to develop talent and create engaging workplace cultures and environments for staff at all levels and from varied backgrounds.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent in change management strategies and best practice
Click Here for the >>Job Description<<
Your application should be complemented by details of proven skills and expertise with supported by record of high performance and integrity.
Salary Band 11: $135,080 Base Salary
Please submit an email application, indicating the position and vacancy number, your CV, detailed cover letter and copies of academic transcripts to Ms. Maraia Roqica on e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org and also complete and submit the Employment Application Form available on our website https://www.frcs.org.fj . All applications will be treated in confidence.
For Position Descriptions, please click on the link https://www.frcs.org.fj/work-with-us/
Application closes on 11 February 2022. Incomplete and Late Applications will not be accepted.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. KINDLY NOTE ONLY EMAIL APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED, NO HAND DELIVERY.