Technical Advisor – Vacancy # 51/2022
The vision of the Fiji Revenue and Customs Service is to become a World Class Revenue Service delivering Excellence in Revenue Collection, Border Protection, Trade and Travel Facilitation. We offer world class exposure with our affiliations with the International Monetary Fund (IMF), World Customs Organization (WCO), The World Bank, The Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and Commonwealth Association of Tax Administrators (CATA) to name a few.
We are looking for suitable candidate for Technical Advisor position to be based at our Corporate Services Division, Suva. To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Drafting and finalization of Standard Interpretation Guidelines (SIG).
- Drafting and finalization of Public Binding Rulings and Private Binding Rulings.
- Provide Technical Advice to internal business units.
- Researching and drafting advice on ad-hoc basis for Executive Management on key revenue cases or issues.
- Provide guidance and advice on Commercial and Company matters to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in drafting and updating of tax and customs legislations as and when required.
- Recognizes opportunities for improvement and recommends amicable solutions in dealing with technical complex matters.
- Provide training and awareness on SIGs and other technical matters to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in projects as and when required.
The successful candidate should have the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law or higher in a relevant discipline;
- 3 or more years of experience;
- Specialization in Company Law and Commercial Law matters;
- Knowledge and experience of FRCS business and customer base;
- Experience in leading and managing organization wide development; and
- Experience of working across government and wider business environment
CLICK HERE For >>Job Description<<
Your application must be complemented by details of proven skills and expertise with the tenacity, agility and courage supported by high record of performance and integrity.
Please submit an email application, indicating the position and vacancy number, CV, detailed cover letter and copies of academic transcripts to email@example.com and also complete and submit the Employment Application Form available on our website www.frcs.org.fj. All applications will be treated in confidence. For Position Description, please click on the link https://www.frcs.org.fj/work-with-us/
Applications close on 19 August 2022. Incomplete and Late Applications will not be accepted.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. KINDLY NOTE ONLY EMAIL APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED, NO HAND DELIVERY.