Tertiary Scholarship and loans bond service and recovery
Fiji Revenue & Customs Service wishes to advise all TSLB loan scheme students and their employers that the following payment facilities are available for repayments under this scheme:
1. Over the counter payments accepted at all FRCS offices Fiji wide. This can be done via cash, cheques payable to FRCS or through bank cheques.
2. Bank transfers directed to HFC Bank Account Number 21782s10 titled “Tertiary Scholarship Loan Recovery” for all scholarships issued under TELS scheme.
3. Bank Transfers directed to BSP Account Number 7663868 titled” PSC Scholarship Recovery Account” for all scholarship issued under PSC scheme.
It is mandatory that students provide (in the narration box when making deposits or standing orders with the banks):
- Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Student Name or Student ID Number
- Details under which scheme the scholarship was received
For all payments made, an official receipt will be issued by FRCS for your records.
Periodic Salary deductions by employers
Employees can arrange with their employers or obtain an “Authority to Deduct Form” in duplicate from FRCS to authorize the employers to deduct payment periodically from their salary and remit to FRCS. The duplicate copy is to be signed, stamped by employer and returned to FRCS with a recent pay slip.
Employers are to submit to FRCS:
- Complete listing with student TIN, name and ID details
- Details of scholarship scheme under which the deduction is made and remitted
- Remit with separate cheques to FRCS the deductions made for TELS and PSC loans.
It is important to note that providing the correct details such as TIN, name and student ID when making payments or deposits will assist in updating and reconciling student accounts.
If you have been making repayments without proper details, please contact FRCS TELS team immediately.
For further information and queries on the TELS recovery, please call 3243981 or 3243933 or direct written correspondence to ‘TELS Recovery, Debt Management Unit, Fiji Revenue & Customs Service, Private Mail Bag, Suva. You are also welcomed to email your queries and soft copies of your duly completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org